Here’s a free loom knitting pattern for legwarmers. This cozy pair of legwarmers is an easy project that requires only one huge ball of yarn. It comes with a step by step video too!
Read below for the pattern or download these PDFs.
- Download garter stitch legwarmers pattern – ACCESSIBLE version
- Download garter stitch legwarmers pattern – version with KNITTING CHART
Accessibility statement: The loom knitting PDF pattern is accessible for people who have low vision, people who are print challenged, and people who use screen readers. I tested for screen readers using the read out loud function in Adobe Acrobat. It is accessible because I use all black sans serif font in 24 point size. There is no extra formatting, and I use one inch margins. All directions are fully written out, so the knitter does not need a knitting chart. The accompanying video has closed captioning.
- Bonus Bundle size of Wool Ease Thick and Quick in the colour Storm Front (174 yd / 157 m)
- 28 peg round loom with ¾ inch gauge (I use a Martha Stewart loom, other round loom sizes are possible, adjust yarn weight and row count as needed)
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers (for rib stitch borders)
- Circumference around rib stitch borders: 10 in / 25 cm
- Circumference around garter stitch body: 12 in / 30 cm
- Length: 14.5 inches / 37 cm
Do the chain cast on, or your preferred cast on.
First rib stitch border
Rounds 1 to 10: Knit 1, Purl 1, repeat to end. I used the e-wrap knit stitch.
Garter stitch border
Round 11: Knit entire round.
Round 12: Purl entire round.
Repeat rounds 11 and 12 until you’ve done a total of 46 rounds. Round 56 will be your last round.
Last rib stitch border
Rounds 57 to 66: Knit 1, Purl 1, repeat to end.
Do the stretchy bind off. Remember these three words: down, up, behind. Weave in ends by weaving up the columns. Make the second legwarmer with the remaining yarn.
Watch my loom knitting video